These muffins are great for a grab-and-go snack or a healthy add-on for your kids lunch.
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup all purpose flour with added bran (nutri flour)
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ or ground flax
- 1/2 teaspoon each baking powder and baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups diced cored apples
- 1/2 cup light shredded old cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, whisk together maple syrup, egg, oil and applesauce.
- In another bowl, whisk together flour, wheat germ, baking powder, soda and cinnamon. Stir into egg mixture and stir gently. Add apples and cheese and stir to combine.
- Divide batter into greased or paper lined muffin tins. Bake in 375° F (190° C) oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until tester inserted in centre comes out clean.
Apple Maple Cheddar Muffins