Probiotics play a key role in the preservation of a healthy digestive system and help to support your immune system. Probiotics may lead to improved liver function, resistance to allergies, vitamin synthesis, and as previously mentioned, digestive function.
- 1 medium head green cabbage
- 4 cups filtered water
- 4 inches ginger root, peeled & grated
- 1 tablespoon unpasteurized miso paste or salt
- Remove six outer leaves of the green cabbage and put to the side. Finely
shred the remaining cabbage and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Blend the water, ginger root and miso paste in a blender until smooth, and
pour over the shredded cabbage. Mix very well.
- Pack the mixture into three 32-ounce sterilized glass jars, packing the
mixture in tightly. The tighter the packing of the mixture, the better your
salad will turn out. Leave two inches of room at the top of the jars so salad
has room to expand.
- Fold a few of the outer cabbage leaves into very tight roles and place
them on top of the mixture to fill the two inch space. This keeps your
salad from contact with air, protecting the salad from spoiling during the
- Tightly close the jars. Leave the jars in a dark room (i.e. pantry) for five days.
After five days, remove the outer cabbage leaves and discard. Move the jars
to the refrigerator. Enjoy 1/2 cup with dinner every evening.