- 2 pieces of bread, of your choice
- 1 ripe avocado
1 large sheet of toasted dried
- seaweed or 2-4 small sheets
- 1 small vine ripened tomato
- 4 black olive slices
- 5-6 pretzel sticks for bolts at neck and nose
- 4 small cubes of cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Get started by toasting your bread.
- While the bread is toasting, cut the seaweed to look like Frankenstein’s hairzig zag on one side and straight on the other. You can also add eyebrows if you’d like. If so, cut a few short strips of seaweed for that.
- Slice the tomato then cut 1 round slice in half.
- Cut or break the pretzel sticks as needed so they are the correct lengths.
- Have all your components close by and ready for you to use then begin on the avocado. Scoop out the flesh of the avocado and put it in a bowl. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste and smash it with a fork or back of a spoon. Smash it until you reach the desired consistency.
- It’s time to assemble Frankenstein. Take your toast and trim edges if needed to make a rough rectangle.
- Cut two shallow and small slits on both sides of the bottom edge, this is where the bolts aka pretzel sticks will go.
- Spread your avocado mixture onto your toast. Add the seaweed hair, seaweed eyebrows (if using), olive eyes, pretzel nose, and tomato mouth.
- Stick a pretzel into a cheese cube to create a bolt. Then insert it into the precut slit.
- That’s how you make Frankenstein avocado toast! Serve immediately so the seaweed doesn’t wilt and stays crunchy.
Frankenstein Avocado Toast