Incorporating high fiber foods in your diet has been shown to help lower blood cholesterol levels, control blood glucose (sugar) levels, reduce symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), and reduce the risk of getting intestinal ulcers.
- 2 pounds fresh cauliflower
- roughly chopped
- 2 pounds sweet potato, peeled
- and cubed
- 1 quart vegetable broth
- 1 large onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled
- 4 stalks of green onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 2 cups milk
- 2 oz cream cheese
- Set your 6 quart slow cooker to high and add cauliflower, sweet potato, veggie broth, onion, garlic, green onion, thyme, paprika, red pepper flakes, and salt.
- Cover and cook for 4-5 hours on high.
- Once the veggies are fabulously tender, turn off the crock-pot and add your milk and cream cheese. Blend using an immersion blender.
- Ladle soup into bowls and enjoy right away with a mountain of your favorite toppings, then store the remaining soup in your fridge or freezer.
- This soup will keep for 4-5 days in the refrigerator and freeze for 2-3 months. Simply store the soup sans-toppings and add all your goodies upon reheating.
Crockpot Sweet Potato & Cauliflower Soup