These lightly-sweet granola bars are a great option for a grab and go snack that will keep you full of energy.
- 1½ cups mashed ripe banana
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ to ¾ cup dried cherries, chopped
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup shelled pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup hulled hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a large rectangular baking dish (approx. 8.5” x 12.5”) and line with a piece of parchment paper so the bars are easier to lift out.
- In a large bowl, mash the banana until smooth. Stir in the vanilla.
- Place the rolled oats into a food processor (or blender on the lowest speed) and pulse until the oats are coarsely chopped (but still with lots of texture). Stir oats into the banana mixture.
- Chop the walnuts and cherries and stir these and the rest of the ingredients into the banana-oat mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon mixture into prepared dish. Press down until compacted and smooth out with hands until even. Use a pastry roller to smooth out if desired.
- Bake for 23 to 27 minutes until firm and lightly golden along the edge. Place dish on a cooling rack for 10 minutes then carefully slide a knife to loosen the ends and lift out. Place granola slab on a cooling rack for 10 minutes and then into the freezer for another 10 mins.
- Slice into bars once they are cool.