Quinoa is full of heart-healthy fatty acids which makes this tasty dish a quick and easy go-to on your busy days.
- 1.5 cups quinoa
- 1 lb. broccoli, cut into small florets and stems cut into thin pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 20 large peeled and deveined shrimp, tails removed
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 8 ounces plum tomatoes, seeds removed and cut into 1/4” pieces
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, cut into small pieces
- Pre heat oven to 425°F.
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium, add the quinoa, and cook, shaking the pan occasionally, until lightly toasted, 5 minutes. Add 3 cups water and immediately cover. Simmer gently for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and remove lid, cover with a clean towel, and let stand 10 minutes; fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile, on a rimmed baking sheet, toss the broccoli with 1 tablespoon oil and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Spread in an even layer and roast 15 minutes. Season the shrimp with a pinch each salt and pepper, toss with the broccoli, and roast until opaque throughout, 6 to 8 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the vinegar, ginger, and remaining tablespoon oil. Toss with the tomatoes, then fold in the scallions. Divide the quinoa among bowls, then top with the shrimp, the broccoli, and the avocado. Spoon the tomato scallion vinaigrette over the top.