Nutritional yeast is a vegetarian friendly source of vitamin B12 that can be paired with a variety of foods. Vitamin B12 is an important nutrient for healthy glowing skin as it controls cell growth and life span.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2½ cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2½ cups vegetable broth
- 5 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a large pot, cook the onions in the olive oil over medium heat for about five minutes.
- Add the garlic, salt, pepper and dijon and cook for a few more minutes.
- Add the milk, broth and broccoli.
- Bring to a simmer, cover and cook for about 20 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
- Turn off heat and stir in nutritional yeast and lemon juice.
- Remove about ½ of the soup and puree in a blender.
- Pour it back into the pot with the remaining soup.
- Serve with toasted sourdough bread. Makes four large dinner-sized portions or eight sides.
Creamy and “Cheesy” Vegan Broccoli Soup